Through personal corrections tailored to address each student’s needs, students will learn how to write effective, short, simple, and clear sentences. The lectures will focus on teaching students vital writing techniques that will enable them to write easily understandable sentences and paragraphs. During sessions, we teach the following writing skills.
– comprehensive understanding of the text
– skillful use of textual evidence
– relevant, sufficient, and strategically chosen support for claim(s)
– a highly effective use and command of language
– progression of ideas both within paragraphs and throughout the essay
– a consistent use of precise word choice
– free or virtually free of grammar errors