Dear MP families and friends,
We are writing to you today to inform you the measures we are taking to prioritize the safety of our students, parents, teachers, and our community. Please note that the following measures are tentative and are subject to change depending on the updates provided by the California Department of Public Health.
3/17/2020 “Shelter in place” Update
We will be adhering to the Santa Clara “Shelter in Place Declaration” requiring all non-essential businesses to close until at least April 7th, 2020. As of today, March 17, we are temporarily closing the property and will be providing the online classes for college essays, college counseling, academic study, research, and projects. We will reopen Wednesday, April 8th.
SAT, SAT II, ACT Test Prep
As 5/2/2020 SAT and 3/28/2020 makeup exam for SAT have been cancelled, we will resume SAT and ACT prep classes (1:1 only) in April for the 6/6/2020 SAT and 6/13/2020 ACT exams. Please keep in mind that such dates are tentative.
3/15/2020 “Gathering Guidance” Update
On March 7, 2020 California Department of Public Health released School Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 (View PDF) and Gathering Guidance (View PDF), and on March 13, 2020, President Trump declared that the coronavirus pandemic is a national emergency.
Summer classes for 2020
- All group classes have been cancelled with a full refund.
- 1:1 private and semiprivate classes will continue for the following classes: summer research and competition preparation, study ahead for next year school subjects, test preparations, and college application essays and counseling (see Preventive Measures section below).
- Online summer classes may become available in coming days for test preparations, college counseling, and college application essays. Please check our website regularly.
“Full-Service College Counseling” students
- 1:1 private tutoring will continue for test preparations (SAT, ACT, AP, SAT II, school subjects) and for research, projects, and competitions related to chemistry, biomedical engineering, physics, biology, mechanical engineering, and computer science.
- The central study room is 750 square feet. We will allow maximum of four students to occupy the room at the same time, one student per each corner of the room. The doors will be left open for air circulation. Please do not close the doors.
The class of 2024 (last year students)
For the students who applied to colleges in 2019, all post acceptance 1:1 counseling will start in April as previously scheduled. Please call to make an appointment.
- Any traveler who has returned or will return from a foreign country or states outside California will not be allowed to attend school for 14 days after their return date.
Students, staff, and visitors
- Anyone who shows fever and/or respiratory infection symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- Anyone returning to or entering our facility must use the hand sanitizer located at the front desk area.
- All test prep materials (including practice tests and answers) and school subject related materials will be made available outside the classrooms for use by one student at a time.
- All three doors (including the A207 emergency door) will remain open to maximize air circulation.
- Hand sanitizers at the reception area.
- A liquid soap in the washroom.
- Free bottled water available in the refrigerators.
Online classes during summer and beyond
In the event that California Department of Public Health’s Gathering Guidance restricts all types of gathering even for venues that do allow social distancing of six feet per person (Site link), we will move almost all, if not all, our lectures, counseling, and classes online. Please check back or call for more information.
As the uncertainty pervades all corners of our lives, it has been trying and difficult days for all of us. Our collective goals have been and will be to protect the health and safety of our students, families, friends, and staff. To preserve our distinctive environment for education, research, and impact, we promise to take all reasonable steps.
We wish you the best in all your endeavors and thank you for your continuing support.
Mega Prep teachers and counselors